There’s a reason why people believe that Green Tea is a medicinal plant that can practically cure so many kinds of physical as well as mental issues. There is a reason why green tea has been the most popular herbal drink of its times. The versatility and multipurpose use of Green Tea is undeniable and it is with evidence, and proven studies that one can finally say that Green Tea is a truly medicinal herb that can be used in different ways.
Green Tea from the North East
The north east of India, is home to tea cultivation, be it Darjeeling, Assam, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland or Mizoram. Did you know that Arunachal Pradesh is the fifth largest Tea Growing state of India? The topography, climate, altitude and most of all the fertile Himalayan Soil is the reason tea cultivation is favoured in the north east of India in each and every state. This goes on to say that one can easily source the most nutritional, flavourful and organic tea of any kind solely from the north east of India.
All these states are capable of producing the top notch varieties of Green tea that is, on any given day high in nutritional value when compared to teas that are grown elsewhere. Did you know that most companies in the north east are now opting on exporting all this nutritional goodness because of high demand? People internationally have recognized the potential and high quality driven cultivation that happens in these state of India and are smart enough to source some of the best tea in the world.
Converting to Green tea and why?
Green tea, of all kinds of teas is on high demand mostly for people who are looking to grow into healthier diets and lifestyles. Almost 40-0 per cent of coffee consumers are slowly converting to Green Tea. This is because the benefits surrounding this gift of nature are plenty. Today we shall explore exactly how Green Tea can benefit our skin and later we shall leave you with some instant face masks you can make with green tea so as to preserve/ improve or medicate your skin.
Green tea does not only advocate health benefits that include improved brain functioning, weight loss and sharpen the mind so as to effect some mental disorders positively; but also has extremely positive effects on the skin and skin related issues which is why Green tea is a very prevalent ingredient in many skin products and cosmetics made to improve/heal or medicate the skin.
Some well-known benefits of Green tea when applied on the skin are:
Combats premature ageing:
A dermatological study done in the year 2003 has indicated that an antioxidant called the EGCG is amply found in the green tea. This anti-oxidant is responsible to protect skin cells from damage and can also rejuvenate the skin cells that may be dying. So one thing leading to another, by rejuvenating the dying skin cell, green tea and the anti-oxidant in it will repair your skin cells and fights the signs of premature ageing. Along with the EGCG, the Green tea is also a rich source of the vitamins B-2 which is responsible to maintain the collagen levels in your skin and thus maintain firmness.
Protects one from developing Skin Cancer:
The Green tea and its compounds consists of Polyhenols along with six different Catechins, along with epicatechin gallate (ECG) and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which are really potent chatechins (chatechins are responsible for inducing anti-angiogenic and anti-proliferative effects in cancer cells which are slightly similar to effects of strong chemo therapy). Anti-oxidants in the green tea are also responsible to fight free radicals in one’s body (free radicals are compounds that when they reach a high level in one’s body, can cause severe cellular damage and eventually cause cancer). According to a medical study in 2010, the power of EGCG can repair DNA damage as well that are caused by strong UV Rays. This goes on to prevent the skin from Non-melanoma skin cancer.
A cure to redness and irritation:
Green tea has proven anti-inflammatory effects due to high polyphenol content. The skin issues for some people that occur due to allergies, minor cuts, sunburn and acne can cause redness of the skin along with inflammation. Hence forth other skin conditions that causes itching and redness ultimately caused due to Dermatitis, Psoriasis and Rosacea can be cured by using Green tea as an application. Green tea is also effective in the treatment of Keloids.
Green tea is full of vitamins such as vitamin B and E which are known to replenish and hydrate the skin. In one such study, there were a group of participants who were told to apply green tea extracts on their forearms for 15-30 days straight. It was observed that by the end of the experiment, their skins had elevated moisture and skin roughness was reduced when compared to when the experiment had started.
A treatment to acne:
Now Acne is a problem that is a huge issue with young people sometimes even with older people which makes the skin really sensitive, irritated and painful to the touch. These side effects to the disease can cause insecurity in people who have to live in a consistent state of pain from all the breakouts.
Green tea is enriched with antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties and also anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it an ideal ingredient in treating the issue of acne in people who have really oily skins. It is also observed that the polyphenols in green tea when used as an applicative measure helps reduce the secretion of sebum which is responsible for acne and new breakouts. The polyphenols are also responsible in combatting infections due to acne secretions because they internally damage the bacterial membranes that cause acne and fight to dry these bacterial colonies under the break outs.
With so many skin healing properties, one can now understand why we say that green tea is a practical solution. Let us now head to explore how one can make facemasks for different skin types and problems using green tea as the main ingredient.
Face masks preparations
The following is a list for very doable, easy to prepare and effective facemasks that can be made using green tea from the www.neorigins.com website.
GREEN TEA FACEPACK FOR NORMAL AND COMBINATION SKIN TYPES:
Lakadong turmeric and green tea face pack
The Lakadong turmeric from Meghalaya is the most potent turmeric that can be found in India due to its highest curcumin content as compared to other turmeric that can be found in India. The curcumin content of the turmeric is what is responsible for all the medicinal properties in turmeric as a whole. The curcumin content in the turmeric is also what decides the value of turmeric in the markets.
- One tablespoon chickpea flour
- One fourth teaspoon of Lakadong turmeric (if it is not available at stores near you, you can get your packet of 100 per cent organic Lakadong turmeric from neorigins.com website or use half a teaspoon of the normal turmeric that is available to you.)
- 3 tea spoons of fresh brew of green tea (if you can grind the green tea leaves into the mixture it’ll be all the more better).
- Combine all the ingredients together to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your face and do not let the paste seep into your eyes.
- Leave the paste on the face for around 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face afterwards with cold water and then gently pat your skin dry.
- Continue applying this to your face atleast once a week and that should do the trick.
GREEN TEA FACE PACK FOR OILY SKIN TYPES
Green tea, lemon honey and rice flour face pack
Lemon is a rick source of vitamin C that helps reduce hyperpigmentation, inflammation and photo ageing. The coarse texture of rice flour helps with exfoliation of skin and Green tea works to amply moisturize and heal the skin in its natural ways.
- 2 tablespoons of Rice Flour
- One table spoon green tea with the green tea leaves ground into the mixture
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- One teaspoon of honey
- Mix all these ingredients together to form a thick paste.
- Apply to the skin evenly and if possible lightly massage your skin with the paste for a while.
- Be careful while application so that it does not seep into the eyes.
- Leave this mask on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water and later pat your skin gently so that it dries.
- Continue doing this for 2 times a week for improved skin health.
GREEN TEA FACE PACK FOR DRY SKIN
Green tea and honey face pack
This may not be as consistent in texture as a face pack but this serum type consistency works great to reduce dry spots and redness associated with dry skin honey is a soothing ingredient that helps hydrate and soothe the skin irritation that happens due to dryness green tea is responsible to reduce inflammation and also moisturize the skin from the within.
- Two tablespoonsful of raw natural honey from neorigins.com
- One tablespoons of freshly brewed green tea.
- Mix the two ingredients together and apply on the face evenly.
- Leave the serum for 20 minutes max.
- Now rinse it off with cold water and gently pat your skin dry.
- You can continue using this face mask for two to three days a week depending on the dryness of your skin.
GREEN TEA FACE PACK FOR SKIN REJUVINATION
Green Tea and banana face pack
Banana is key to hydration and moisturizing. Because of these properties banana is a key ingredient used to make many kinds of face packs for different uses. It also helps keep the skin plump and smooth.
- One mashed banana that is best if ripe.
- Use two teaspoons of freshly brewed green tea along with ground tea leaves itself.
- Mix all the ingredients together so that it makes a smooth mash.
- Apply it on the face without letting it seep into your eyes and let that rest for about 20 minutes.
- Now rinse it using cold water and gently pat your skin dry.
- You can use this mask for 2 to 3 times a week for a rejuvenating feel to the skin.
Green tea is an amazing plant that is gifted to us by nature and it has proven its usefulness time and again. If you are going through some skin issues that were addressed in this article, do use Green tea as a treatment and let us know how it helped you. You can choose from the top tea brands within the North East to source your super nutritional Green tea for all your needs.